Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Week 1639856923463258...and more to come

Lets just say a ton happened this week and leave it there. Haha...jk. Mom would probably die. 

We found several new investigators this week, in spite of the lack of contacts that we did. We are supposed to focus 50 50 in proselyting and in reactivating, but this week we lacked on our reactivation work, but it was a very fulfilling week. 

On Friday I had to go to Santiago, and I spent a lot of time chatting with Hermana Dodds about stuff. I`m so grateful to have met her on the mission. She`s just awesome. President seems to be a little stressed out...he`s got a LOT on his mind and a LOT of stuff to do...but he sure will be missed. I`m almost positive that he will become a member of the 70...he has been a great example of obedience and steadfastness. I have really grown to love him. 

We somehow managed to find a couple sick investigators, one man that has had two brain operations in the last 2 months. Crazy recovery. And some less actives as well. It makes me so sad...they need so much love. God knows ...and how great it is that we have the atonement of Christ to help us with such trials. 

We were on our way to las cabras, a small town kind of in the middle of nowhere, and my knee was hurting, and I felt I needed to just relax...so we decided to walk instead of ride on our bikes. Well we did some contacts, and found a sweet new investigator, whose wife died just a couple months ago...and then when we left PITCH BLACK. Dumb me...there werent any street lights...and I wasnt gonna be disobedient and get in a car with a guy, so we ended up singing and walking in the dark (with the cell as our light) till the bus came by. Then when we got off we got off to get our bikes and there were these people. They were like " theres no house back there!!"...even though I had seen it on the first trip back there...and then they went back there to "feed the dogs" ...I think they must be hiding something....robbed stuff...bodies. Who knows. But I stopped my investigating sense and just got out of there. Gotta listen to the spirit.

We went to visit S* and E* and they were drunk.....I cant imagine being so addicted to something that it just becomes PART of me. Its so hard for them. They drink something small every day...but they were HAMMERED. We were not able to teach them in such conditions. But I told them whats up, in a VERY loving way, but I did tell them that if they didnt come to church we wouldnt be seeing them for a very long time. Then I took their hands and on one I wrote "Nos vemos. La iglesia 10AM" and on the other hand I wrote "no importa. Vaya igual" or "it doesn´t matter. Just go." and we left. But they came to church! It was a miracle. ...they left after the first hour, which was good cause they were hungover and it was better that they went home, but it was a miracle that they came. They said they started waking up with a headache and then they looked at their hands...and it made them get up. 
A* also came all by himself, we`re gonna try teaching him one more time...but if he`s not 100% dedicated its gonna end for good. In church he even got up and shared his testimony about the BOM and whatnot, it was a little crazy but amazing. 

Lots of miracles are happening, and talking to the bishopric, they told me... "we`re close!" And I feel like its the truth...we are improving so much. ...but we are helping the members first and foremost. God is great. 
Today we played bball in the morning, and it was cool. Hermana Nielsons got skills.....we started calling her O’Nielson haha. 

Let us keep allowing the influence of the spirit to guide our lives. ...to change our lives. 
BLESSED WE ARE. 

Hurrah for Israel! I love you all! 
Hermana Alex Johnson

PDAY picnic in the sun


My companion is the most photogenic person I have ever met.



Talk about beautiful...I LOVE CHILE. 

pretty views from up high




Thats so Chile.


Far far away....



Liderazgo. Hermana Diaz doing great! 

Crew 2 (No clue what that means, LOL!)


Pday BBALL in the morning. Sacando la mugre. Still got it in me! 


Burnt castle....we went to see it but the path up was closed. 
 
Hermana Nielson likes taking crazy pictures of me....when I`m least expecting it!




No comments:

Post a Comment