Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Attitude, Attitude, Attitude

Well heeelllloooooo! I´m here in Chile...and I can´t believe that everyone is about to start or has already started school! I literally can´t believe it. Time has never flown so fast in all of my liiife haha. 

I figure I´ll start out with the bad so we can finish off the best haha...I had a hard day this last week. I kind of shut down....not really shut down but everything that happened that day was miserable. I don´t know why it was such a bad day because it was a pretty normal day! But I think that just made it worse. One of the biggest problems was that I felt like God wasn´t answering my prayers. That he didn´t listen or care. How dumb is that? ...but an even bigger problem was my attitude. Last week I received an email from Matt and from Jema. With the same scripture. D&C 123:17 which says 
"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, when we are in even the most troubling of times, let us CHEERFULLY do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed". OH YEA. You have to do things cheerfully!! ....Jema also reminded me of the story in 1 Nephi 7. Where Nephi is bound by his brothers. When he prays he asks the Lord to give him enough STRENGTH to break the cords.
Then in verse :18 the Lord didn´t do that. He LOOSED the BANDS. He didn´t give him strength. Sometimes we´re not gonna get the answers that we want. But we´re always gonna get the answers that we need. the Lord will always provide for us and he knows what we need more than what WE know. I love that.
And don´t forget: Attitude, attitude, attitude. (This is something that one of my ZL's used to say to me... and I shared that with my girls as they grew up- Lisa) Nephi could have thought....GOOOSH! Why does God never listen to me!! Or he could be greatful, thank God for the miracle he received and understand that we don´t always get what we ask for in the way that we want. It was a really great experience for me to be honest haha. 

We had a great week, as always (because one ALWAYS has a good week if they look at it with a great attiiitttuuuude). F* didn´t make it to church but P* did! She came to church alone for the first two classes...till she absolutely had to leave to get to work. The last 3 weeks she told us she wasn´t gonna be able to make it to church and then BAM! She appears....it´s great haha! We were able to talk to her this last week a little bit and she said something that really made an impact. She told me that if  I worked my hardest but I didn´t see anyone else get baptized, or maybe I felt like I didn´t have success in my mission....that all I had to do was think about what I did for her. That for YEARS she stopped going to church, and for YEARS she wasn´t able to take the sacrament. But now she´s a happy camper. Now she´s happy and she´s not planning on changing. She looked me in the eyes and said, YOU made this impact. And one of the reasons specifically was that she was able to know us for who we are....the good and the bad. WAHOO! I don´t have to be perfect haha. 

But we also managed to extend a baptism date to someone this week. our investigator T*! she´s suuuuper catholic but an absolute DOLL! She came to church with us this week too. She´s a lot like Grandma in a lot of ways. It´s makes me super happy, but she´s sure lived through a lot. She´s truly amazing...She´s 77 years old and she still gets all dressed up, she leaves every day to go on a walk and she loooves DOING things. She came to church with us all dressed up and she offered to make us lunch haha. Next week we´re gonna eat lunch with her. It´s been amazing to see her progress, to see her cry, see her joke and laugh, and ENJOY. 

This week FINNAAALLLLY F* is going to get BAPTIZED! YES! We doing some MAJOR planning, but I´m stoked. It´s about time haha!

Last but not least we had an awesome day of door knocking....literally all day long we just knocked doors. .....door after door, after door. But I really actually enjoyed it! We don´t have too many appointments, but I know that as we complete with OUR part, God will bless us. Enos 1:27 says that God has already given us everything. It literally says that we are already promised MANSIONS in the next life, and who knows what else....
God trusts US...we just have to do OUR part. 

Well, that´s all for this week. I´m a happy camper...literally! 
I love you all and pray for you CONSTANTLY! 
Love, 
Hermana Alex Johnson

ps. we have transfers this next week.....and Hermana Ceccon and I already have 3 transfers together....it´s a lot. Pray that we can have one more!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment