Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Terremotos y Transfers

Yes. I DID feel earthquakes this week. ..And they were a little stronger than the normal shake that is EXTREMELY common here in Chile. The deaths that happen, because of the earthquakes here, usually happen because of heart attacks, and they are usually elderly people...CHILE`S PREPARED FOR THE TREMBLES!! Which is super cool. (I did let her know that this one was a whopper at 8.2… and that the 2010 one that demolished Santiago was 8.8... and that there were crushing deaths. I think she was surprised and contemplative. She let me know that they do have an emergency grab and go bag!)

I haven`t received a package...dont worry. I wouldn`t open it early...but I do admit, I`m pretty sure Easter here is a week after you guys....just so you know. (Nope… mom just got seasonally confused because of all the early Easter crafting.)

As for conference, I loved it. I felt so inspired!!! I loved that they invited us to WAKE UP several times...I’M AWAKE! And ready to work EVEN HARDER. BUT, I dont remember lots of stuff...To be honest sometimes its hard to focus cause they translate it in spanish but you can half hear them in the background in english....so I always get distracted. BUT I took lots of notes, and I will be studying them this week!!! I’m so very grateful for a living prophet and living apostles to guide us according to what we need NOW. Was the priesthood session available online??

AS FOR TRANSFERS!!!!! ........I´m GOING....to stay here in Santa Maria!!! ANNNNDDDDDDD my prayers were answered. We are receiving another set of missionaries here! Hermana Thomas and I are going to split the sector, live together (and yes, its still like camping cause there´s no heat and you wake up like you would in the morning while camping...but my back doesnt hurt like Im sleeping on a tent floor so thats okay!) AND we are both training!!! Im stoked. Its exactly what this branch needs! God answers prayers:) 

This week has been incredible...I have seen many miracles as we follow the spirit. New investigators, answers to questions...and I really feel like this is GOD`S WORK. I love it. 

Dividing the sector will be PERFECT...I think this has got to be one of the biggest sectors that EXISTS here in our mission. And to be honest it was a bit stressful to manage it all. But WE`RE GONNA START HAULING THE TRUCK....VAMOS A SEMBRAR SEMILLITAS! WAHOOO!!! 

A* was able to come to the conference, and O* as well. We also had a ...well a contact decide that he wanted to go with us. And he did!!! That was really cool. 

But many of the recent converts are fading away...and I`m a little worried. Yet, I know that God will help us take care of them and keep them part of the fold. 

Love you all!!! 
HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!
Hermana Alex Johnson


Photos from her Birthday!
I can't believe she's 21! Si, LOCO!

"I found a cat like Mozart and I just HAD to take a picture! lol."

FHE!

"Thanks for the boots mom!!! They`re AWESOME"

"Cuan bello es Santa Maria!"

"FHE ..BIRTHDAY style!!! It was my birthday and then the 31st was Hermana Angelica`s birthday...FHE surprise. And we were able to teach her husband that night...a miracle!"

Heart attack ....gratitude for this AMAZING family!


"Pictures of the vinyards here dont do them justice!"

"They had a party for our birthday`s after district class:)"



No comments:

Post a Comment