Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Drop-Off

A new adventure has surely begun. Who knows what great things are in store....not me cause I'm poor. Dirt poor to be exact (Get the word pun? I thought it was pretty good) but that just makes for a funner adventure!
Yesterday we got to my apartment complex after trying some Firehouse Subs, and started unloading my stuff. I had lots of memories come back to me, but in all everything just felt like a dream. I've been getting that sensation way to much lately...maybe get it checked out? I don't know, but it was weird.
Well, the light was on in the apartment, but after some knocking, still no luck. I called the office man and he said he was on his way there, and would be there in 30 minutes. Dad decided to unload the entire car and just plop all the stuff outside my apartment and wait. Which we did. ..but in style.
Lucky for us I had my basketball loose and we played a game of horse. I kicked butt. Johnson butt. ..but Uncle Greg ended up winning in the end. Oh well.
After a game of horse, we continued to wait like homeless people outside of my apartment.
Dad said that they were going to hold hands, and pretend to be my dads dropping me off. They received a penetrating glare for that one.
Overall, everything felt a little like a dream...like I was here, but not. Like I'd been here, but not. I'm not completely sure how to describe what I was feeling, but it's definitely a unique one.
I unpacked fairly quickly, to be honest. I couldn't believe how fast I did it, in the amount of time that I did it in. Although, I still have more things than I'd like. I would like to get rid of some stuff still.
Two of my new roommates speak Spanish, and the one that sleeps in my room wants to talk in Spanish with me all day, everyday. WORKS FOR ME.
Everyone seems nice, and I'm excited to start.
To be completely honest though, I feel a little nervous. This is real life! And instead of worrying about matters in the lives of the Chileans, I'm stuck with my OWN life. Bluck. I loved the mission, and sometimes it just makes me so sad to not be teaching every day. To not be doing my contacts every day, even though I try to talk about the gospel as much as I can with as many people I can, its just not the same. Obviously I'm still in the after mission adjustment period. Yes, it's still a struggle to speak in English, wear pants, eat american food...I have yet to wake up later than 7:30 AM, and I still look at my name tag with eyes of longing. But the only thing that's left to do is move forward..and upward, if at all possible.
Lets just hope I can figure out what I'm doing, cause at this point I'm still in dead water...lets get GOING.
Since it's Sunday, I want to share a little food for thought...healthy food. Get it? ...yea stopping.
Anyways I wanted to remind you all to pray every night. There are few things that are as powerful as prayer. He listens. It works way better than wishing on a star, that's for sure. He loves you and wants to not only hear you but bless you, answer you, guide you.


PS. In regards to any English errors...Like I said, #missionafterlife #stilladjusting


No comments:

Post a Comment