Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014?


First off, I need to send a shout out to my beautiful, wonderful, amazing, and practically perfect in every possible way MOTHER!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I thought about you lots on Thursday...well not too much cause I was focused on working and everything, but I did think about you and the influence you´ve made on me a little more than I usually do (cause I remember that at least once a day) but I just want you to know JUST HOW grateful I am for you. And I want you to know that you are my BEST FRIEND.

Secondly, WHAT THE HECK? I cant believe we are in 2014....how time just FLIES. ...I go HOME in 2014...and I dont like that thought one little BIT. But as we think about it, time never goes slower or faster..its constant. Only our perspective changes. 

Also!!! WE HAD A BAPTISM YESTERDAY!!!! It went SPLENDIDLY. Saturday was the interview and I always get nervous....like how horrible would it be to think that they were ready and then see their face when they leave the interview cause you forgot to teach them something ...or ..I dont know, But seriously. that would seriously suck. So yea. But no...we´d gotten to the church and shed been waiting there! ...she´d been waiting there all anxious like...and as we waited for the elders to get there, we ended up teaching about baptisms for the dead and the work we do in the temple. She really loved that...her parents died when she was like 3 months old so she doesnt know them. And then she went into her interview and we waited...and waited...and she came out with a GLOW and TWO THUMBS UP! It made me giggle!! She´s 56 years old...her name is P*....and the baptism was amazing. We did lots to make the service go well...and Im kind of a freak to make sure everything is perfect and what not...but I was almost MAD cause at least half the people that were suppossed to show up for the baptism, didnt!! ...and then I looked at P*. She didnt even CARE. She was glowing, laughing....and to see her come up out of the water with a non-stop smile...it was almost exhilerating haha! I loved it...and I learned a lot...Ive LEARNED a lot from P*. How to really help someone progress and teach to THEIR needs. ...also It´s extra cool cause shes the first person that, through doing my part and being an instrument in the Lords hands, I was able to talk to her grandson in the street and we were able to go teach them ...and bam!! Little by little she arrived at her baptism. Theres just something extra cool and special about that. And the ward is helping lots. I feel confident that she´ll be fine when I leave.....eventaully.

We werent able to find S* and her family all week...but guess what? she just showed up where we´re using internet...like right now! BAHAHAHA....sorry but the Lord works in funny ways sometimes. 

The training is going well. We are working a lot with the members and its been great. Ive seen how shes grown in every aspect during this short time period on her mission, and I´m proud to be her "mom". 

One of the people we are teaching is a very interesting woman....I love her so much though. When I first entered into her house, with Hermana Latorre actually, we had felt bad spirits...I had felt something, but Hermana Latorre felt something more. And then when the dad came out....thats when it hit us hard. I know hes a bad man...but anyways we´ve been teaching her for a while now. Something I´ve learned is that shes ...."sensative" to things. Like for example, when the spirit is there ...its there STRONG, and when she FEELS something, she feels it in a very strong way. Also, her son was baptized-....suppossedly, but I dont know for sure. I cant find a record of it, and I´m almost positive they were the imposter mormons that are around here, but she has lots of family in Jai Jai, and I was gonna pass the reference to them cause we´d taught her son and he wanted to get baptized! ..but anyways. During these last few weeks, she was gone. And on Friday we were teaching her and she got all excited. She told us that while she was visiting her family in Jai Jai, that the missionaries knocked on the door. She was nervous that they were imposter missionaries because one of the sisters had forgotten her tag and just made a quick paper one or something haha. Well anyways, they ended up entering and teaching the family ...and as they prayed Hermana C* (as she told me) literally felt that I was there, and how I smelled (this is what she said) and she said that she knew they were from the same church cause she knew that I was there. As she told me this I realized that God must have known she was hesitent and what not, but he was wise in just helping her understand that everything was okay. But anyways...after this story she started telling me there was something extra special about me...and how there is someone who looks over me...and I immediately thought of God, Christ, the spirit...and Grandma too. ...I know that they take care of me. 
But anyways ...it was an interesting but cool experience. 
...but still weird...and hard to explain. ...she has different dreams too. ...but she´s awesome and progressing more and more!!! More than anything I want her to be able to have the SPIRT with her, to guide and protect her....thats my biggest vision. 

Anyways. I love you! I´m happy that we´re starting a new year...I love making new goals and working hard! Lets do it together, especially when it comes to missionary work. ...its His work and His glory! Lets be a part of it!! 
Love you all!! 
Hermana Alex Johnson

business:....
Boots: this place is like the US. id put my money that itd be better to just buy boots than to replace them. or repair them...cause its the zippers, the souls AND the leather that is all trashed. holes in the souls and the zipper doesnt work ...and theres lots of ripps in the leather...i dont see much of a repair option to be honest haha. But I know ill be able to find boots here. 
and I probably wont use earmuffs....not sure obviously, but it all depends. 

hermana dodds is in Jai Jai..thqats common there. here no. fyi but yes. Im healthy

random things I thought of that you could put in my christmas (I think she means Birthday) package...
lots of pics and letters
ctr ring
flossers....for my retainer or whatever.. dont have um
cheezits
ouchless rubberbands
blond bobbi pins
....so my ipod is dead now...and the cable for the speaker. ...trying to figure out what Imma do bout that...

Hermana Johnson with Hermana Clark at her Zone Conference
P* Baptism welcome sign

With P* and her son before her baptism

Looks like a beautiful day...

And a fun day...

even a silly, but joyus day!

Hermana's Zone Activity


No comments:

Post a Comment